May 2022 Village Care Center Updates
Village Care Center COVID-19 Cases
As of May 31, 2022
The following report summarizes the daily number of new COVID-19 cases at the Village Care Center. The data is updated when new cases are reported. Cumulative totals can be found in the Communication Updates section. If you have questions, please reach out to Tami Hoversten, administrator, at 816-347-2414 or email@example.com.
Because COVID-19 infection rates are dropping both at John Knox Village and in the surrounding community, the Village Care Center is suspending its daily COVID-19 case updates and will begin posting only when a positive case occurs.
- May 1: One associate has tested positive.
- May 2: One resident and one associate has tested positive.
- May 3: One associate has tested positive.
- May 4: No new cases.
- May 5: One resident and one associate has tested positive.
- May 6: No new cases.
- May 7: No new cases.
- May 8: No new cases.
- May 9: Three residents have tested positive.
- May 10: No new cases.
- May 11: As associate has tested positive.
- May 12: No new cases.
- May 13: No new cases.
- May 14: No new cases.
- May 15: No new cases.
- May 16: An associate has tested positive.
- May 17: An associate has tested positive.
- May 18: No new cases.
- May 19: No new cases.
- May 20: No new cases.
- May 21: No new cases.
- May 22: No new cases.
- May 23: No new cases.
- May 24: No new cases.
- May 25: No new cases.
- May 26: No new cases.
- May 27: No new cases.
- May 28: No new cases.
- May 29: An associates has tested positive.
- May 30: No new cases.
- May 31: No new cases.
Email updates are sent to the families and responsible parties of Village Care Center residents. If you have a question, please contact Tami Hoversten, administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to see the communication updates from 2020, please email email@example.com.
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
I am writing to update you on the presence of COVID-19 in the VCC.
Yesterday afternoon the VCC completed all required rounds of outbreak testing that began due to a positive case of COVID-19 that was diagnosed on April 25. As of Thursday, May 23, ALL residents are negative, and the isolation unit has been closed.
- The first VCC resident tested positive on April 25 after a low-grade fever was discovered. The last time a resident tested positive was on May 9. During this period, we had 16 VCC COVID+ residents. Any symptoms experienced were mild.
- A total of 10 associates tested positive during that time frame. All associates will be recovered by tomorrow.
- Every positive resident was moved temporarily to the isolation unit, and each was released to return to their room when our medical director determined it was appropriate. The final resident was released on May 20, and the isolation unit has been closed.
- The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services was here on May 19 to review our infection control practices and found the Village Care Center to be in compliance with regulations.
- Per CMS guidelines, at this time we will no longer test VCC residents unless another resident becomes COVID+ or has a direct exposure.
- Due to the current county transmission rate, we will continue to test associates who are not up to date with vaccinations two times per week.
- Also due to the current county transmission rate, residents may once again participate in activities and return to the Main Dining Room for meals, but they will need to wear a mask when not eating or drinking, and remain 6 feet apart.
- All associates and visitors will continue to be screened prior to entry, and masks are still required.
While it is always concerning when COVID-19 is discovered in the building, I am delighted that cases were mild and all of this has passed relatively uneventfully.
Thank you for your patience, cooperation and kind words through all of this. The support of families means the world to us.
We love to see you. Please come visit – carefully!
Friday, May 6, 2022
Tami Hoversten is out of the office today, so I wanted to send a brief update with the latest information on COVID-19 at the Village Care Center. Since Tami sent her update on Friday we have had three additional residents test positive on the long-term care neighborhood. We also have had six associates test positive for the virus: four direct care and two non-direct care.
On a brighter note, four residents are coming out of isolation and returning to their rooms today and those who remain COVID+ have very mild or no symptoms.
We will continue to test twice weekly until we have two weeks of negative test results. As always, we will continue to provide email updates and you can find the most current information on our website at https://www.jkv.org/blog/village-care-center-covid-19-updates-2/