Village Assisted Living
Village Assisted Living is all about maintaining independence and living with confidence. In our beautiful apartment neighborhoods that are just minutes from Kansas City, you’ll have the freedom to spend your time doing the things that bring you joy, knowing a team of passionate professionals is always there to help.
We toured apartments, and within one week Mom smoothly transitioned to Village Assisted Living.
— Julie, daughter
Active Living, with Assistance
We’re not your average assisted living community. Village Assisted Living is a spacious 120-apartment neighborhood with a wide variety of options and amenities to keep you living the life you want in your private apartment — in a warm, close-knit community where neighbors quickly become like family. Add to this our three assisted living memory care neighborhoods, on-site outpatient therapy, and a qualified team of caregivers who have been with the Village for years, and you get one of the largest and most experienced assisted living providers in the area. We can assist you each day with activities of daily living like bathing, dressing and medication management, based on your personal needs and your choices.
Services and Amenities at Village Assisted Living
- Private studio and one-bedroom apartments with kitchenette
- Emergency call system, walk-in showers with seat and grab bars, and individual thermostat controls
- Dining when you like in Fireside Dining, our on-site restaurant, offering healthy, homestyle menu options
- Nursing assistance, including Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), certified nursing assistants (CNAs) and certified medical technicians (CMTs), available 24 hours a day
- Care coordination with physicians
- Personalized assistance, including bathing, dressing, medication supervision and other daily living assistance, as needed
- A full schedule of regularly planned activities and social events, as well as access to life-enriching services and amenities around the John Knox Village campus
- Housekeeping services, weekly flat linen service, and laundry facilities
- Scheduled transportation and Dial-A-Ride services
- Library, computer workstations, and outdoor courtyards
- Maintenance and utilities, including cable (telephone additional)
- Outpatient Rehabilitation: On-site outpatient therapy services, including speech, occupational and physical therapies, and balance training (See Our Brochure)
Assisted Living Floor Plans
Assisted Living FAQ
How can I know Assisted Living is the right choice?
Our Assisted Living options are ideal for people who can still live independently but need extra assistance with daily tasks — taking medication, bathing, dressing, meals, housekeeping, transportation and other everyday needs. Trained professionals provide an individualized level of support, while helping you preserve an active lifestyle filled with friends, neighbors and family.
Are the apartment homes furnished?
No. You have the freedom to furnish and decorate any way you wish. Bring treasured furniture and belongings, or make a fresh start with new pieces that make everyday living even more comfortable.
Do you offer activities?
Yes! Each day is filled with opportunities to build new friendships through activity choices, socials and entertainment, as well as access to life-enriching services and amenities around the Village campus.
Are there opportunities to get out and about?
Absolutely! In addition to private transportation services for physician visits and other needs, The Village offers frequent group shopping, dining and entertainment excursions at many popular off-campus venues.
How is Assisted Living different from staying in Independent Living with assistance from Village Helpers In-Home Care?
The key differences between these two options are the additional medical assistance that is right around the corner when you need it at Village Assisted Living, and the encouragement you find there through regular opportunities to socialize with neighbors and enjoy time together. In addition to comfortable common areas, scheduled activities, and a spacious dining room, residents receive assistance with medication management, meal preparation, bathing, dressing, and more, plus nursing staff in the building 24 hours a day. Village Assisted Living residents have plenty of opportunities to interact with others in an easy-to-negotiate setting that meets their physical needs.
What if Memory Care is needed?
It’s available as part of our full continuum of care. Memory Care at Village Assisted Living provides specialized care in three different care neighborhoods for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. It’s assisted living that provides purpose, encouragement and accomplishment in a comfortable environment. As needs progress, the Village also provides memory care in a skilled nursing environment at the Village Care Center.