Volunteer opportunities at John Knox Village.
Volunteering with John Knox Village means sharing your time, talents, and positivity to uplift the lives of seniors in our entire community.
John Knox Village volunteers find that each volunteer experience enriches their own lives just as much as the lives of the seniors they support. You can choose where and how to volunteer your time to place your strengths where they’re most meaningful.
We offer a wide variety of volunteer opportunities — from companionship visits to assisting with special events to supporting patients and families in hospice care — throughout all of our levels of care. We also have veteran volunteer opportunities specifically designed to support veterans in our community.
We ask that volunteers meet the following requirements before completing the volunteer application:
1. Volunteers must be 13 years of age and older. If under the age of 13, each individual volunteer must be accompanied by an adult. There will be areas in the Village that do require a higher age limit.
2. Volunteers who request to volunteer on a certain date or time period can be denied if the request comes less than 30 days from the requested time period.
3. Volunteers must commit a minimum of 30 hours of service per year.
4. Volunteers must provide their Social Security numbers on their applications so they can be run through the Employee Disqualification List (EDL) for acceptance into the program.
5. Volunteers must attend a volunteer program specific orientation.
6. Volunteers must be willing to abide by all the policies and procedures of the John Knox Village volunteer program.
7. Volunteers must be willing to take an annual TB test if volunteering more than 10 hours a week in the licensed facilities.
8. Students seeking community service hours must follow the requirements listed above for all volunteers.
9. Volunteers seeking court-ordered community service are not accepted.
If you’re ready to be a positive force in the lives of John Knox Village seniors, please fill out the volunteer application below.
Contact Us: 816-347-2883
Volunteer Now – Share your talents and gifts
It feels good to give of yourself. And when you volunteer through John Knox Village, what you receive in return will be gratitude and grace. Abundant gratitude from the people you assist, and amazing grace from all you’ll learn by giving of yourself. Are you ready to reach out and lend a hand?
Fill out the application below to learn more about volunteer opportunities at John Knox Village.