(Date of Last Revision: July 14, 2017)
The website www.jkv.org (hereinafter “the Site”) is owned and operated by John Knox Village (“John Knox Village,” “we,” or “us”). The Site provides a collection of online resources, including information on the products and services offered by John Knox Village, job listings and online job application, volunteering, event calendars, and other information regarding John Knox Village (the “Services”).
Notice to California, U.S.A. residents
Notice to Utah, U.S.A. residents
Except as expressly identified below, we do not disclose a user’s personal data to any third party for such third party’s direct marketing purposes.
Notice to Europe Economic Area Residents
Information Collection and Use
Through your use of the Services, we may collect the following “Personal Data” from you if you
choose to provide it, including:
Your name, address, email, username, company, state or country of residence, social media addresses, and/or telephone number (“Contact Information”).
Information regarding your employment history, education, and salary if you use the Site to apply for a position with John Knox Village (“Employment Information”).
Pages and products viewed, ads that you clicked on, emails from us that you opened, browser type, operating system, IP address and device information (“Analytical Information”).
We may also collect publicly available information about you from third-party sources, such as the postal service for shipping address verification.
Your mobile operating system (OS), a mobile device identifier embedded by us, or other commonly used mobile device identifier if you access the Site on a mobile device.
How Your Personal Data May Be Used.
We may use Analytical Information to improve the performance or layout of our website; to develop new services and ideas; and to better administer and troubleshoot our systems.
We may use Contact Information and other Personal Data to provide you with the Services on the Site; to evaluate and improve the Services; to provide access to certain password protected areas of the Site; to fulfill your requests for information; to contact you about John Knox Village products or services and those of our affiliates, based on the preferences you have indicated;
If you submit an online job application, your Contact Information and Employment Information will be used by John Knox Village to screen your application and initiate John Knox Village’s applicant evaluation and hiring procedures.
We will give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving any unsolicited information from us or to limit the unsolicited information you receive from us to information regarding the Services or information you specifically request or information we determine you may find useful as a result of your use of the Site.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We need to share your information to provide the products, services, or consideration of employment you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of John Knox Village to provide a product or service to you, or to perform conventional hiring support services (unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the Personal Data we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us);
- As required to respond to or initiate subpoenas, court orders, or legal process.
In the event you voluntarily share personal or sensitive information on a publicly available product or service review, on a message board, or in a chat room offered by the Site, please be advised that such information may be collected and used by the other users of the Site who have access to such message boards and chat rooms. John Knox Village shall have no liability resulting from the misuse of information you voluntarily share during your use of the Site. John Knox Village shall have no obligation to police the message boards and chat rooms, but has the ability to remove such information in its sole discretion.
We use “cookies,” a small text file transferred to your device, along with similar technologies (e.g., internet tag technologies, web beacons, embedded scripts), to help provide you a better, more personalized user experience. These technologies are used to:
- Make the user experience more efficient (e.g., maintaining items in your Shopping Cart between visits);
- Remember your preferences (e.g., browsing language, account login information);
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently.
The Options/Settings section of most internet browsers will tell you how to manage cookies and other technologies that may be transferred to your device, including how to disable such technologies. You can disable our cookies or all cookies through your browser settings. Please be advised that disabling cookies through either method may impact many of our website’s features. Instructions for blocking or allowing cookies in common internet browsers are provided at the links below:
- Internet Explorer 7 and 8
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
We only use strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site.
We also allow third parties to place cookies on your device through the Services to:
- Help us understand and improve how visitors use our website, including which of our pages and products are viewed most frequently; and
- More effectively market our products and services and advertise other products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Google Analytics:
- To opt-out, please download and install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Interest-Based Ads/Online Tracking
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, our website does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
Ability to Review and Edit Your Information
You may review and approve the Contact Information about you that was stored in our database and obtained through your use of or registration on the Site. Upon your written request, we will remove that information from our database or change or correct personal data that you state is erroneous within applicable regulatory or other legal requirements. You should understand, however, that information about you in our database might come from a number of sources.
We will maintain reasonable safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your Personal Data. However, no electronic storage method or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Commitment to Children’s Privacy
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C., §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R., §§ 312.1-312.12, the Site does not permit children under 13 years of age to become users, and we do not intentionally collect information from children. By using the Site, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older.
We reserve the right to change, modify or otherwise update this policy at any time. These changes or updates will be effective immediately. We may provide you notice of such changes when they are material, such notice may be given by posting on the Site, by electronic or conventional mail or by any other means by which you obtain notice of the changes or updates.
Policies of Other Website
John Knox Village
1001 N.W. Chipman Road
Lee’s Summit, MO 64081
(Date of Last Revision: July 14, 2017)
2. USER REQUEST TO BE CONTACTED. You may request that John Knox Village contact you through this Site. You may choose to provide your name and contact information so that we may respond to your request.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. John Knox Village Limited License to You. The Site and all materials available on it are the property of John Knox Village or its licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. John Knox Village provides the Site solely for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not use the contents of the Site in any manner or for any purpose that would constitute infringement of John Knox Village or our licensor’s intellectual property rights. You may download and/or print one copy of individual pages of the Site or documents available for download for your personal, non-commercial use.
Your License to John Knox Village. By posting or submitting any material (including, without limitation, text, photos and videos) to us via the Site, you are representing that you are the owner of the material, or are making your posting or submission with the express consent of the owner of the material. You grant us, or anyone authorized by us, a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display the material you post or submit in whole or in part.
5. FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS. When using the Site, on the Site, or in any other media selected by John Knox Village, you shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. The Site was created and will be operated from the United States. Any use of this Site that violates any applicable laws will be grounds for discontinuing your rights to access the Site.
6. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES. The following activities include, but are not limited to, the activities that are prohibited from the Site:
- transmit spam, bulk or unsolicited communications;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers (including URLs) in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site;
- misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Site;
- post any information intended to convey physical or medical information, questions, or concerns related to the care or diagnosis of a John Knox Village resident or patient;
- engage in activities that would violate any fiduciary or contractual relationship; any applicable local, state, national, or international law; or any regulations having the force of law, including but not limited to, stalking or making threats of harm;
- engage in activity that compromises the Site. Such activity may include, but is not limited to hacking, IP attacks, worms, viruses, spamming, phishing, cancel bots, Trojan horses, and mail bombing or crashing;
- engage in any activity designed to impede the use of the Site by other users, including overloading and flooding;
- framing or deep linking into the Site;
- accessing the Site by means of automated process, spiders, bots or similar device; or
- collect or store personal data about other users of the Site unless specifically authorized by such users.
7. USER SUSPENSION AND/OR TERMINATION. John Knox Village may cancel or terminate your right to access or use any part of the Site at any time without notice. You agree that breach of any of the terms in this Agreement may result in the immediate termination of your account and/or give rise to civil action against the User. The disclaimers herein and all restrictions on you regarding information downloaded or obtained from the Site shall survive any cancellation or termination of your right to use the Site.
8. THIRD PARTY LISTINGS. The listing of any third party professional or other goods or services provider on the Site is provided solely as a convenience for the User. John Knox Village’s listing of any third party does not create a partnership or affiliation with the third party. John Knox Village listing of any third parties does not constitute sponsorship or endorsement of these professionals or service providers. You shall make a competent consumer decision before employing the services of any listed third party professional or service provider. You bear all risk associated with the employing of any third party and obtaining their goods or services.
9. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR CONSULTATIONS WITH QUALIFIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS.
10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE AND ANY REFERENCED THIRD-PARTY SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS INCLUDES ANY LISTING OF ANY THIRD PARTY GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDER INCLUDED IN THE SITE. ANY THIRD PARTY GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDER IS SUPPLIED AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU AND LISTING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE SPONSORSHIP, AFFILIATION, PARTNERSHIP, OR ENDORSEMENT. JOHN KNOX VILLAGE DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO AN IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
JOHN KNOX VILLAGE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SITE, MATERIAL ON THE SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. JOHN KNOX VILLAGE DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY THAT MAY OCCUR AS A DIRECT OR INDIRECT RESULT OF YOU POSTING ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE INTENDED TO CONVEY PHYSICAL OR MEDICAL INFORMATION, QUESTIONS, OR CONCERNS RELATED TO THE CARE OR DIAGNOSIS OF A JOHN KNOX VILLAGE RESIDENT OR PATIENT. SUCH POSTINGS ARE PROHIBITED PER SECTION 5(e) OF THIS AGREEMENT.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE LIABILITY OF JOHN KNOX VILLAGE, ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SUBCONTRACTORS AND SUPPLIERS WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR THE RENDITION OF SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL NOT EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, ONE THOUSAND U.S. DOLLARS ($1000). IN NO EVENT WILL JOHN KNOX VILLAGE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THE SITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF JOHN KNOX VILLAGE IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12. USER INDEMNIFICATION. You agree to indemnify John Knox Village and its affiliates, employees, agents, representatives and third party service providers, and to defend and hold each of them harmless, from any and all claims, demands, actions, liability, fines, penalties and expenses, whether based on warranty, contract, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, that may arise from any of your acts through the use of the Site. Such acts may include but are not limited to: submissions, unauthorized use of material obtained through the Site or breach of this Agreement.
13. COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS. John Knox Village respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide John Knox Village copyright agent at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- Description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- The location of the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement that your claim of infringement is based on a good faith belief; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury, that the information you have provided is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Severability. If any term or provision in the Agreement is found to be void, against public policy, or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction and such finding or order becomes final with all appeals exhausted, then the offending provision shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make it valid and enforceable. If the offending provision cannot be so modified, then the same shall be deemed stricken from the Agreement in its entirety, and the remainder of this Agreement shall survive with the said offending provision eliminated.
Website Availability. Because public networks, such as the internet, occasionally experience disruptions, John Knox Village cannot guarantee the Site will be available 100% of the time. Although John Knox Village strives to provide the most reliable website possible, interruptions and delays in accessing the Site are unavoidable and John Knox Village disclaims any liability for damages resulting from such problems.
Typographical Errors. Information on the Site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We attempt to make the Site’s postings as accurate as possible, but John Knox Village does not warrant the content of the Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
Relationship of the Parties. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and John Knox Village as a result of this Agreement or use of the Site.
Compliance with Laws and Legal Process. John Knox Village’s performance of this Agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this Agreement is in derogation of John Knox Village’s right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Site or information provided to or gathered by John Knox Village with respect to such use.
Headings. Condition and section headings are for convenience of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
Entire Agreement. Unless otherwise specified herein, this Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and John Knox Village with respect to the Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between you and John Knox Village with respect to the Site.
15. CONTROLLING LAW AND VENUE. It is understood and agreed that all the construction and interpretation of this Agreement and the relationship between the parties shall at all times and in all respects be governed by the internal laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. Venue of any action brought to enforce or relating to this Agreement or arising out of the relationship between the parties shall be brought exclusively in the Sixteenth Circuit Court of Jackson County, Missouri or the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri.