Skilled Nursing with a Personal Touch
As a part of our full continuum of care, we provide long term care in two neighborhoods with an abundance of compassion and kindness. Our associates work with individuals and their families to create a customized care plan with a focus on achieving maximum independence. With special attention to personal preferences, emotional needs and overall well-being, our Village Care Center is a skilled nursing facility featuring physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and post-hospital care. A wide range of senior care options ensures we can develop a treatment plan for each individual’s specific needs.
Learn more about the many skilled nursing services we offer through the Village Care Center by completing our contact form or by calling 816-892-4349.
“Seeing the decline of my parents, who decided to stay in their home, we did not want to go down that road. We wanted to live in a community where if we got to that stage, we would be taken care of.”
— John Varvaro, John Knox Village resident
Services and Amenities at the Village Care Center
- 24-hour nursing care by professional skilled nursing staff
- Semiprivate and private rooms
- Rehabilitation available, including physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Dining in socially engaging settings with delicious, nutritious menu choices
- Personalized assistance, including bathing, dressing, dining, medication supervision and other daily living help, as needed
- Inviting common areas for visits with friends and family, including Family Great Room, Ice Cream Parlor and Chapel
- Beauty and barber salon
- Life-enriching social, recreational, fitness and wellness programs
- Chapel and chaplain’s services
- Memory care and support for people with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia in our specialized skilled nursing unit
- Medicare- and Medicaid-certified
Skilled Nursing FAQ
What is skilled nursing?
Skilled nursing care is for individuals with medical needs requiring the skill of round-the-clock licensed nurses and therapists. Skilled nursing is appropriate for people recovering from illness, injury, surgery or stroke who need intensive therapy and care to gain optimal well-being and health.
When is long term skilled nursing appropriate?
Situations are as varied as individuals. Most often, candidates for long term care have an ongoing health condition or permanent disability. They may suffer from chronic severe conditions or the natural symptoms of advanced age that led to frailty and need for 24-hour medical supervision.
Will Medicare pay for skilled nursing?
The Village Care Center is Medicare-certified. With a qualifying hospital stay, Medicare typically covers days 1-20 of the stay. A Medicare-set daily coinsurance rate will be assessed for days 21-100. Medicare payment rules are very stringent and vary depending on a number of factors. Your out-of-pocket expense may vary based on any additional insurance coverage that you may have. Visit the official medicare website for more details.