Benefits of a Life Plan Community
Many people assume that aging in place at home is the best option for maintaining their current lifestyle and being able to afford future health care. It may surprise you to learn, however, that aging in place can actually decrease your quality of life (not to mention your finances). If an unforeseen life event (such as a serious illness or injury) occurs, consider the impact for you and/or your partner:
- Where will long-term care be provided?
- Who will take care of the house and yard and manage any needed repairs?
- How will daily life be affected if you’re unable to drive, cook, and/or clean?
- What is the alternative if you’re unable to make decisions?
As the name suggests, a Life Plan Community like John Knox Village is designed to enable a secure plan for life — so you can enjoy each day even more.
The Best of Independent Living
Imagine daily life without the hassles of maintaining a home, especially if there are rooms you rarely use. Maybe you don’t enjoy cooking as much as you used to. For some, without friends or family nearby, these types of chores can be time-consuming — even isolating. But a Life Plan Community is maintenance-free, leaving you the time and energy to focus on the people and activities you love most.
With entertainment and activities provided on-site, at no extra cost, there are also unlimited opportunities for social interaction to enhance your physical and mental well-being. At John Knox Village, this kind of independent living environment can feel like the kind of lifestyle you were able to enjoy in previous years.
And if some assistance is needed, that can go a long way toward maintaining your independence — from medication reminders that improve your health to complimentary scheduled transportation that helps make travel less stressful during inclement weather.
Inclusive Senior Living Expenses
At first, senior living costs may seem unaffordable, until you learn everything that’s included. Every independent living community is different, of course, depending on your geographical location and the type of home. However, the ongoing services provided can actually save you money (not to mention time you could be spending with family and friends) when compared to keeping up your daily routine at home. A Life Plan Community like John Knox Village includes:
- Paid utilities
- Restaurant-style dining in multiple venues
- Year-round maintenance (indoor and outdoor)
- Home and community repairs
- Emergency and security systems
- Social activities and events
- Scheduled transportation
John Knox Village also includes options to fit a variety of senior living expense budgets and individual needs. Here, residents choose their home and the type of financial agreement that works best for them:
- Legacy Plus Entrance Fee Agreement offers multiple refund options and long-term health care coverage options.
- Legacy Plus Lease Agreement provides rental opportunities with no entrance fee.
The greatest financial benefit of a Life Plan Community is predictable monthly fees that ensure even if needs change, your finances won’t suffer for it. Unlike many senior living communities, a Life Plan Community offers independent living and a continuum of on-site care, often including assisted living,rehabilitation,memory care and skilled nursing care. And the security of knowing you have a plan in place that includes long-term care options, if you need them, is priceless.
New Opportunities to Explore
As you research your options with a Life Plan Community, consider the new opportunities now available at John Knox Village within The Meadows neighborhood. Soon, we’ll add 52 new senior apartment homes for maintenance-free aging in place, each including:
- Stainless steel appliances and high-end finishes in residences
- Gorgeous Meadows views
- First-rate aerobics and fitness center
- Internationally inspired cuisine at the new Metropolitan restaurant
- Delicious fare at Stories Public House
And with such demand for our expansive senior living, we’re also offering two-bedroom villa homes, now in the beginning phases of construction, featuring:
- Quartz countertops
- Stainless steel appliances
- Smooth cooktop stoves
- Hardwood floors in kitchen and dining areas
- Master bedroom walk-in closets
- Three-season rooms
- One-car garages
The beauty of planning a move now is knowing you can secure your preferred floor plan and location,and allow plenty of time for a stress-free move before construction is complete. To learn more about the benefits of a Life Plan Community, experience John Knox Village anytime through our Virtual Open House. Or call us at 816-251-8000 to schedule a visit today!