19 Reasons Why Lee’s Summit Is a Sweet Spot for Seniors
We have some exciting news! 24/7 Wall Street recently named Lee’s Summit the 19th most livable city in America. And for good reason. Not only is it safe and affordable, but the economy is extremely healthy. From extensive park systems to booming businesses, Lee’s Summit is an ideal location for residents of all ages, but particularly older adults.
In honor of this recognition, we decided to highlight 19 reasons why Lee’s Summit, Missouri, is such a wonderful place for seniors to live.
- 1. Much like John Knox Village, Lee’s Summit is constantly growing, but still maintains its small-town charm and strong sense of community.
- 2. There are so many things to do in Lee’s Summit! The city hosts many cultural events and activities, such as the Lee’s Summit Symphony and various art galleries.
- 3. With over 50 vendors, the Downtown Lee’s Summit Farmers Market has been named the #1 Farmers Market in the state of Missouri six years in a row.
- 4. The Amtrak train station allows for easy travel, which means easy visits from faraway friends and family.
- 5. Downtown Lee’s Summit has a thriving business community with over 100 local businesses, making it the perfect place to set up shop.
- 6. Lee’s Summit provides a unique and diverse shopping experience for residents, with a variety of mom and pop shops as well as chains and big-name businesses.
- 7. The area has an abundance of eateries. Local favorites and popular hotspots include Neighbor’s Café, Third Street Social and Main Slice.
- 8. There is no shortage of places to grab a beer or cocktail. Just head downtown and you’ll come across countless bars and breweries, such as Smoke Brewing Company, Grains and Taps and Konrad’s Kitchen and Tap House.
- 9. The area park system accommodates every age, every season, with nearly 30 parks and a variety of sports venues, amphitheaters and more.
- 10. The city is very bicycle-friendly, with many trails and cycling paths to stay active and engaged.
- 11. Just like John Knox Village, the city is pet-friendly, with dog parks to accommodate furry friends.
- 12. Lee’s Summit is the perfect getaway during the warmer months. Blue Springs Lake, Jacamo Lake and other beaches are ideal for swimming, boating and soaking up the summer sun.
- 13. Saint Luke’s Hospital is centrally located for quick and easy access.
- 14. Lee’s Summit welcomes residents of all ages and walks of life, taking steps to become a recognized “Community for All Ages.”
- 15. The area is rich with volunteer opportunities, encouraging residents to give back to the surrounding community.
- 16. The city is recognized as a leader in digital technology, using technological resources to engage citizens of all ages.
- 17. The city has a longstanding history, as evidenced by the Lee’s Summit History Museum and Longview Mansion.
- 18. Seniors living in Jackson County say Lee’s Summit is exceptionally friendly and accepting, with endless activities and an unmistakable sense of community.
- 19. Lee’s Summit is home to John Knox Village, Kansas City’s most popular Life Plan Community in Lee’s Summit.
Lee’s Summit truly is a sweet spot for seniors. It blends the best of small-town living with the perks of city life. It’s a special place for aging adults to thrive and flourish, with infinite opportunities for social, physical and cultural enrichment. And with a Life Plan Community like John Knox Village located right smack dab in the middle of it all, there truly is no better place to spend your retirement.
So what are you waiting for? It’s time you stopped by and saw John Knox Village for yourself, located in one of the most livable cities in America.