For people with life-limiting illnesses, Village Hospice is there when you are ready for care to shift from finding a cure to offering comfort. Our compassionate professionals offer specialized care for your loved one, and support for you. 816-525-0986.
- Staff screens screen patients upon admission. Nurses also call ahead of home visits to screen patients.
- Chaplains and social worker are still visiting in person if requested, but doing more by phone, calling patients and families so they can continue to offer spiritual and emotional support.
- For patients who are in facilities where families aren’t able to enter: We’re getting an increase in families calling us for information about parents – looking to us as a lifeline to learn about their current status and well-being. Just being able to fill in some details for them seems reduce their sense of helplessness.
- We understand how extraordinarily difficult it is not being able to see or talk to or hug your loved one who is nearing the end of their life, and we are doing everything we can to be that extra layer of support for our Hospice families.
- Many families Just want nurse and aid to come to home, but not the rest of the support team right now, to reduce the chance of spreading the COVID-19 virus.
A Message from Our President
Dan Rexroth, JKV president and CEO, has been chatting with associates from across the continuum of care to learn more about their efforts to implement changes in response to the COVID-19 virus. He recently met with Danielle Heffron, RN, BSN, Clinical Manager of Village Hospice.