John Knox Village and Face CoveringsJackson County leaders announced in late June that everyone must wear a face mask while out in public. Because the John Knox Village campus is located in Jackson County, we are following the guidelines outlined in the county’s recovery plan. Learn more about the mandate and the Village’s recommendations for residents and associates who are on our campus. https://www.jkv.org/face-masks-required-in-jackson-county-effective-july-1/
Where Does the JKV Stand on Reopening the Campus?
As you may have heard, Missouri Governor Parson recently announced that, beginning June 16, the state is moving into Phase 2 of the “Show Me Strong Recovery Plan,” the plan to re-open the state of Missouri.
It is important to understand that Eastern Jackson County also has a recovery plan, it works on a different time frame, and it supersedes the State plan. So, while most of state is now “fully open for business” with “no state-wide public health order,” John Knox Village is still governed by the Eastern Jackson County Recovery Plan. We have been in Phase 2 since June 1.
The Eastern Jackson County Plan continues to call for no visits in nursing homes, long-term care facilities, retirement communities and assisted living facilities, through the end of Phase 3. Read more here: https://www.jkv.org/covid-19-update-where-do-we-stand-on-re-opening/
Continuum UpdatesThe following actions have been taken to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff. Thank you for your support and understanding during this unprecedented time. Please check back often for updates.
- The Village Care Center (816-347-2400), the Village’s skilled nursing center, remains closed to non-medical visitors until further notice. Read more here.
- Village Care Center Updates – updated July 3, 2020
- Village Assisted Living and Village Assisted Living Memory Care neighborhoods (816-347-2700) remain closed to non-medical visitors until further notice. Read more here.
- Independent Living residents cannot accept visitors regardless of where they live on campus by order of the Governor of the State of Missouri. Read more here.
- Community Health Services (Village Helpers, Village Home Health and Village Hospice) have implemented new strategies to deliver care and service to patients and families. Please click on the links to learn more about Village Helpers In-Home Care, Village Home Health and Village Hospice.
- Pre-shift Health Screenings for ALL Associates: All associates who are scheduled to work must participate in a screening prior to every shift they work and will receive a different sticker every day to indicate to members of the Village community that this step has been accomplished.
John Knox Village On-Campus Action StepsJohn Knox Village is beginning to open some services and amenities throughout the campus to residents only. Currently, that list includes the fitness centers, salons and indoor pools. For additional information, please see the links below.
- John Knox Village Salons – updated June 5, 2020
- John Knox Village Fitness Centers – updated June 5, 2020
- John Knox Village Indoor Pools – updated June 5, 2020
- JKV Foundation collecting face coverings and ear savers – updated May 29, 2020
- Building access, family visits, deliveries
- Change of procedures for resident monthly service fee payment
- Village activities Life Enrichment, activity areas, volunteers, salons, chaplains services and more.
- Village restaurants/dining
- Auxiliary Shops and JKV Food Pantry
- Environmental Services/Housekeeping for Independent Living Residents
Messages From Our PresidentJohn Knox Village’s mission is very simple: to enrich the lives of older adults through community living, “Enriching lives, building community.” We all take our mission very seriously and work every day to make sure we are achieving it – even during unparalleled times like the one we currently are facing. Dan Rexroth, John Knox Village president and CEO, has recorded a series of messages about the Village’s response to COVID-19. You can check out what Dan has to say here.
Latest Batch of Tests Nets ZERO Positive ResultsJune 22, 2020 — John Knox Village has confirmed it has zero additional diagnoses of COVID-19 after receiving test results for the two areas of its continuum that had potential exposures to the virus – its skilled nursing facility and assisted living facility. For additional information, please visit: https://www.jkv.org/no-residents-or-additional-associates-have-tested-positive-for-covid-19-in-latest-batch-of-tests/
JKV Associates Test Positive for the VirusJune 15, 2020 — John Knox Village has learned that five people who work at the Village Care Center have tested positive for the virus that causes COVID-19. All have been asymptomatic and have passed their daily pre-shift screenings. No residents have tested positive. For additional information, please visit: https://www.jkv.org/jkv-staff-members-test-positive-for-covid-19/
STAYING INFORMEDThe Village is staying abreast of the situation, through close contact with the Jackson County Health Department, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and other local and regional authorities, and we are monitoring the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC). You can stay informed by using reliable information sources, including:
- John Knox Village: JKV.org and www.JKVLife.org. Both sites are being updated regularly.
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Health.MO.gov HOTLINE Available for Reporting, Questions & Concerns: 1-877-435-8411
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment: kdheks.gov
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov
- The Village also has a daily email newsletter called e-Blast. To subscribe, please send your request to email@example.com.