Visitors Not Allowed in Independent Living Buildings, Per State Mandate
By Order of the Governor of the State of Missouri
- No visitors are allowed at retirement communities effective 12:01 a.m. Monday, March 23.
- APARTMENT BUILDING DOORS WILL REMAIN LOCKED FROM THE OUTSIDE.
- RESIDENTS NEED TO TAKE THEIR KEYS AND VILLAGE BADGE WHEN LEAVING THE BUILDING.
VISITORS vs. DELIVERIES: Clearing up the Confusion
Because of the overlap of a few rules, it’s sometimes difficult to explain the current legal restrictions and guidelines clearly because the rules bump up against one another. Here are the rules in a nutshell:
- The Missouri Stay-At-Home Order requires us to stay in our homes and away from others and to limit our trips out to only essential business.
- Social Distancing requires us to keep 6 feet between one another when we have to be out.
- NO VISITORS TO RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES. This comes from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as the Governor of Missouri. This restricts VISITS, but not deliveries.
- The only people who can enter a home or apartment building are those who are providing critical assistance (physical assistance with bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, transferring and continence) must be screened and receive a sticker pass for the day prior to entering the building.
- Visitors CAN deliver items to residents, but CANNOT stay and visit:
- HOMES: Leave item at doorstep and then return to your vehicle. There should be no face-to-face interaction.
- APARTMENTS: Leave item at one of drop-off locations (see below) and it will be delivered to the resident by one of our associates who has been screened at the beginning of the shift and trained on protocols for not spreading infection.
FOR APARTMENTS – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Courtyard Commons: 518 NW Murray Rd.
- Marketing Lobby: 1001 NW Chipman Rd.
- Meadows Commons: 1800 NW O’Brien Rd.Questions?
- Call the Concierge: 347-2405
24 Hours A Day & Weekends
- Public Safety Building – Lower Level: 602 NW Pryor Road (At the far end of the driveway just north of the Village Care Center.)
- Questions? Call Public Safety: 347-2150.