John Knox Village Salon Updates
John Knox Village Publishes Special Edition Dedicated to COVID-19 Information
John Knox Village residents have multiple communication tools available to remain up to date about the Village’s response to COVID-19. In addition to the Daily e-Blast, which is emailed to residents who request it, JKtV (channel 2), JKVLife.org and JKV.org are all regularly updated with news and information residents need. Of course, the monthly Village Voice and the Mid-Month Update also are great sources of information that are distributed to residents.
Independent living residents will have one more source of information with the production of a COVID-19 Mid-Month Update. It was distributed Friday, April 17. Dedicated to all things Covid-19, it will ensure residents – even those who don’t have internet or email – remain in the know. It combines all the most current information about topics that affect resident’s daily lives into one easy-to-reference piece.
JKtV Broadcasts Fitness, Faith and Music Programming to Help Residents Connect
Please continue to practice social distancing
- New Content on JKtV (Channel 2): Several departments, such as fitness and chaplains, have been creating content to broadcast on the John Knox Village television channel, which is accessible to only Village residents. Additional videos are in the works, and the communications team hopes to have several new programs added to the channel in coming days. The television schedule can be seen on JKtV and www.jkvlife.org. (Announced March 27, 2020)
- April Village Voice Update: Things have changed very quickly over the past several weeks since the April Village Voice was sent to the printer. Please be aware that many activities listed on the calendar and in the magazine are postponed, canceled or are not relevant at this time. Please check the Daily E-Blast along with JKtV and jkvlife.org for the latest information. (Announced March 27, 2020)
- JKV Life Enrichment activities and events are canceled until further notice. This includes entertainment, lifelong learning programs, all music rehearsals, movies and support groups. Resident-run groups will make decisions about their individual activities based on the comfort levels of the groups. (Announced March 20, 2020)
- Activities and Activity Areas: In addition to the cancellation of most scheduled resident activities, several activity areas are closed because, by their nature, they require participants to be in close proximity to one another. These areas include the fitness centers, swimming pools, bowling alley, billiards areas, ping pong areas and the Hobby Hut. (Announced March 23, 2020)
- Guest rooms: Upcoming reservations have been cancelled and no new reservations are being taken. (Announced March 23, 2020)
- Chaplaincy Department: During this time, the Village chaplains are here to support residents in whatever way they can, including phone conversations offering encouragement. Residents are invited to call the prayer line at 816-347-2094; Chaplain Paul Budd at 816-347-2845; or Chaplain Jim Tolliver at 816-347-2311. The Monday Prayer Group held at noon at the JKV Chapel will be held via phone conferencing until further notice. Residents are invited to call 816-347-2784 to join with others in prayer. (Announced March 20, 2020)
- John Knox Village Salons, including Village Salon, Courtyard Salon and Country Club Salon are closed until further notice. (Announced March 20, 2020)
- Volunteers who live in the surrounding community have been asked to temporarily cease their volunteer duties. (Announced March 20, 2020)
- JKV Community Theatre rehearsals have been suspended and the performance (March 25-27) is postponed until later this year. (Announced March 20, 2020)