Two roads used by John Knox Village residents, associates and visitors will be closing to traffic effective Tuesday, July 5. Please share this information with your neighbors and visitors.
City of Lee’s Summit Temporarily Closing a Section of Murray Road
Beginning Tuesday, July 5, a portion of NW Murray Rd. between Chipman Rd. and O’Brien Rd. will be temporarily closed to traffic for 4 to 6 weeks, weather permitting. The City is working to replace a water main that has been troublesome for some time.
Only a short segment of the road between the north entrance to The Pavilion lot and the JKV Auxiliary Thrift Shop will be actually closed. The road is scheduled to remain closed thru mid-August. This is a continuation of a project that has been working its way up Murray Rd. for several weeks.
How to get where you need to go:
- From Chipman Rd., there will still be access to Villager West, the HCA medical office building, The Pavilion and The Courtyard Apartments and Commons (via The Pavilion’s parking lot).
- Traveling north from O’Brien, drivers will still be able to get to the Administrative Center, The Village Chapel, Village Assisted Living Memory Care 1, the Ambassador Room and Kansas City Internal Medicine, as well as the parking lot for the JKV Auxiliary Thrift Shop and other businesses.
- The City has placed signs at Murray and Chipman and at Murray and O’Brien, to discourage folks from trying to get through.
- The primary detour route will be east and west across O’Brien. People wanting to get to the Macy’s/JCPenney shopping center should go across the bridge at O’Brien and Murray. Drivers wanting to get to the north side of campus, to the Village Care Center or to the Target shopping center should head west on O’Brien and north on Pryor Rd.
- Dial-A-Ride and shopping buses will be running behind schedule during this time.
- The City will increase police patrols to help keep drivers mindful of speed limits and protect the safety of residents.
JKV Permanently Closing a Section of Shamrock Ave.
Also beginning Tuesday, July 5, a section of Shamrock Ave. between O’Brien Rd. and Manor I will be permanently closed to traffic. This is the beginning of phase two of the parking lot construction as we begin work on our newest neighborhood – The Meadows.
What you need to know:
- A temporary turn-around has been put in place for drop-offs and pick-ups in front of Manor I (and as a turn-around for those who forget the road is closed).
- On-street parking will still be available on a the east side ONLY of a limited section of Shamrock.
- The parking lot across the street from the Lakeside Grille building will close permanently.
- A small section of the parking lot in front of Manor I will re-open.
- Lakeshore Manor residents are encouraged to use the lot closest to Pryor Rd.